Differentiating your listings from the dozens – or hundreds – of other listings on the market pays off big, but there are only so many ways you can make your clients’ homes stand out.
But one of them is through drone video and photography.
Drone Video: The Stats
By the year 2021, experts project, video will represent 82 percent of all internet traffic. That’s millions of minutes transmitted over networks every second.
What’s important is right now, though, and right now, video is part of your average consumer’s internet experience. More than 90 percent of people watch online video. Consumers are used to seeing it, and in many cases, they expect to see it.
Even more importantly, homes with aerial images sell 68 percent faster than homes with standard images.
The National Association of REALTORS® says:
- 73 percent of homeowners say they’re more likely to list with a real estate agent who uses video in marketing
- 9 percent of agents create listing videos
Why Are Marketers Pushing Video?
The number of marketers using video is increasing because the retention rate of visual information after three days is around 65 percent (it’s only 10 percent when someone hears something).
While you can still sell homes without video, you can sell them faster when you meet consumers where they are.
And consumers are watching video online.
Why Realtors® Need Drone Video and Photos in Listings
There are several advantages to including drone video in real estate listings, but one of the most important is that drone-based aerial video gives viewers a unique vantage point from which they can get a feel for a neighborhood, gauge a home’s size and its spatial relationship with the homes, streets and playgrounds around it. Drone photos do the same, providing depth and dimension, as well as views of what’s behind the home – something street-view shots just can’t do.
You’ll be able to:
- Create more dynamic tours consumers can view from their own homes. These types of videos and photos just aren’t part of ground-based photos and videos.
- Highlight property features that are tough to capture with ground-based photos and videos. These views give buyers a more lively and interesting look at the spatial relationships between features like landscaping, paths, and outdoor living space.
- Market better than your competition. Other agents aren’t doing it, which gives you an edge over them on listing appointments – and being the only agent who’s doing it (or at least one of the few) can help you generate new business, too.
Once you’re using drone video and photography, you need the right website to support your marketing efforts – and we can help with that, too.
Do You Need to Incorporate Drone Photography and Video in Your Marketing Efforts?
When you’re ready to talk about what we can do for you, call us at 910-505-9315 or get in touch with us online. Our team of real estate marketing experts knows exactly what it takes to leave other agents in the dust.